Tips To Maintain A Flawless Skin
The very first step in skin care is to achieve clean & clear skin, then make efforts to maintain that skin. While some beauty products deliver truly on their promises some don’t. To naturally achieve & maintain flawless skin, these few tips should point you in the right direction;
- Keep out of the sun as much as possible: it is the single best preventive strategy to avoid premature aging and the risk of developing skin cancer. Wide-brimmed hats, long-sleeved clothing should be your choice when outdoors, rather than shorts and brief tops.
- Use Sunscreen: Products that contain essential oils can be very effective when you go out. They come with many rejuvenating benefits. Keep it in a handy place – your handbag, car, picnic basket and apply it about 30 minutes before you go out.
- Eat a diet high in natural fibre: digestive problems can result in skin blemishes. Good health starts from the inside out, so include lots of fruits, raw vegetables and whole grains in your diet.
- Try to avoid exposure to your skin’s natural enemies: stress, too many late nights, coffee, alcohol and cigarettes can all play a part in making you look less than your best.
- Watch the soap you buy: the alkaline content of some soap tend to strip the natural acid mantle of the skin. When buying, choose a gentle cleansing oil or cream instead.
- Moisturize your face daily: a rich moisturizer will plump up your skin, creating a smoother, more even appearance. It will minimize the appearance of fine lines, as well as counter flakiness and dryness.
- Drink plenty of water: your skin should contain at least about 15% water. However, in air-conditioned offices where the humidity level is about 10%, this moisture evaporates faster than it can be replaced. Asides from water, coconut water is another great source of hydration.
- Give your skin time to rest and breathe: cleanse it thoroughly occasionally and set aside times where you leave it free of moisturizers and make-up. Your skin will benefit from the deep cleansing, do this after a facial to get the best results.
- Save money by making your own face masks with mashed fruits rather than buying expensive commercial products.
- Exercise: Regular aerobic exercise gives you glowing skin and it's also a great natural foundation for good health. Choose activities that you enjoy and make them part of your daily routine.
If you have practised skincare rituals and waited for months and years and haven’t seen any results, take up the tips listed above and you’ll be glad you did.
Always remember Tempovate is your best companion for a healthy flawless skin
Follow us @tempovatenigeria on Instagram and Facebook for more information, subscribe to our YouTube Channel @TempovateNigeria.