Sun Exposure and the Benefits of Sunscreen
Sunlight helps to boost the body's vitamin D supply, improve circulation and increase metabolism and productivity, but too much sun exposure allows UV rays to reach your inner skin layers which can damage your skin such as burning the skin, speed up signs of aging, (you may start to see more wrinkles, dryness, sagging and a dull, leathery look), and even develop cancer. It is therefore extremely important to give your skin consistent protection throughout the year.
You can protect yourself by covering sensitive areas, wearing sunscreen, limiting total exposure time, and avoiding the sun.
Importance of using Sunscreen
Sunscreens are used to protect the skin from the harmful effects of the sun by preventing UV radiation from reaching your skin. The benefits of sunscreen on the skin cannot be overemphasized, and it is essential to apply sunscreen to your skin regardless of your age.
Here is why you should wear sunscreen:
- It shields your skin From Harmful UV Rays. Sunscreen blocks these rays, greatly reducing the likelihood of sunburn.
- It limits the appearance of sunspot.
- It helps to prevent sunburn.
- Helps Protect Against The Visible Signs of Premature Aging, such as wrinkles, fine lines and leathery skin.
- It keeps your skin’s complexion even. Sun damage is one of the many causes of uneven skin tones and daily sunscreen can help prevent these effects.
- It reduces the risk of developing skin cancer and skin pre-cancers which can be life threatening.
Sunscreen should be worn by anyone who spends time outside, this includes men, women, and children. It should be applied before going outside or whenever you will be exposed to the sun for 30 minutes or more. Follow us @tempovatenigeria on Instagram and Facebook for more information, subscribe to our YouTube channel @TempovateNigeria.
Importance of Skincare
Taking care of your skin is essential for reasons other than appearance.
Best Ways to Take Care of Your Skin
Have you ever encountered someone whose skin seemed to be glowing? No, you didn’t imagine it, skin glows when it is taken good care of.
5 Skincare Habits for Great Skin
Good skincare habits help us get and maintain healthy, glowing, younger-looking skin.