Skin Inflammation: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
The skin isn't just the outermost layer of our bodies. Without it, we would not be able to do most of the things we could do freely, like breathing, moving, and keeping the body's inner workings where they belong.
Your immune system is important for maintaining your overall health. It works to detect and neutralize foreign invaders, such as infectious tiny microorganism and even cancer cells. When this happens, inflammation can occur.
Causes of skin inflammation Includes:
- Allergic Reaction: When your immune system sees something as foreign such as (certain foods, perfumes and so on) and overreacts, it can cause an allergic reaction, which in some cases causes skin inflammation.
- Heat: A skin reaction to heat may cause heat rash. This occurs when sweat gets trapped within your pores, causing irritation and a rash.
- Bacteria on the skin: This can cause skin inflammation such as eczema.
The following symptom indicates you have skin inflammation:
How you can treat skin inflammation.
- Homemade remedies such as applying cool or wet cloth to help ease the irritated skin, applying ointment.
- Creams such as Tempovate gel can be applied to generally maintain your skin and keep it healthy.
N.B: You should visit your doctor if the Inflammation spreads all over your body, occurs suddenly and spreads rapidly, starts to form blisters or it the infected area starts oozing pus