How to Get Smooth Skin
We are moving towards dry season if you notice that your skin is dry, rough, or missing a radiant glow, use the following tips to get smooth skin that you’ll feel confident:
- Exfoliate to Get Rid of Dead Skin Cells and Improve Texture: Dead skin cells can clog your pores and cause your skin to feel rough. Exfoliating helps remove this layer to reveal velvety-soft skin beneath. If your skin is sensitive to chemical exfoliants, consider gently running a dry brush across your skin in a circular motion for a few minutes before showering. If you want to get smooth skin on your face, make sure to choose a gentle facial scrub to prevent irritating your skin.
- Cleanse Your Skin with a Moisturizing Body Wash.
- Moisturize Your Skin both day and night.
- Wear Sunscreen Every Day to avoid direct heat exposure: Your body needs sunlight to produce vitamin D and maintain your circadian rhythm. Even so, too much exposure to sunlight can cause sunburns, dry skin, and long-term damage to your skin. Apply sunscreen to help ensure that you can enjoy the sunlight without the harmful side effects.
- Hydrate Your Skin by Using Humidifiers and Drinking Enough Water: Consistently drinking water is known to improve blood flow, flush toxins out of your body, and hydrate your skin cells.
- Eating of Vitamins and Nutrients: Not eating enough vitamins and nutrient can make your skin dry or rough. Here are some essential nutrients that are good for the skin:
- Vitamins A, C, and E
- Healthy Fats
- Make Sure You’re Getting Enough Sleep: When you get adequate rest, you wake up more alert and ready to take on the day. The same goes for your skin! While you’re sleeping, your body uses that time to repair itself.
- Talk to Your Dermatologist If Your Skin Is Often Rough, Irritated, or Itchy: Unfortunately, some people develop skin conditions that simple home remedies alone cannot fix. If you try all of the above and still struggle to achieve smooth skin, a dermatologist can do a thorough evaluation to see what other factors are at play.
Follow us @tempovatenigeria on Instagram and Facebook for more information, subscribe to our YouTube channel @TempovateNigeria